Sports injuries can happen whether you’re exercising or enjoying an indoor or outdoor sport. They may be brought on by mishaps, poor training, ineffective use of safety equipment, or a lack of stretching or warm-up activities. Fractures, dislocations, sprains, and strains are the most common sports injuries. Dr. Mahantesh Magadum is one of the best orthopedic specialists for sports injury treatment in Dubai.
Rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) are the most frequent injury treatment recommendations
- Rest: Take a break from potentially harmful activities.
- Ice: You can apply ice packs to the wounded region to help reduce pain and reduce swelling. For a few days, the affected area has to have ice put to it over a towel for 15-20 minutes each time. The skin should never be exposed to ice.
- Compression: Compressing the wounded area also helps reduce swelling. This is possible with elastic wraps, air casts, and splints.
- Elevation: This can help to reduce discomfort and swelling by raising the afflicted area above the level of your heart.
The variety of sports medicine and injury treatment services provided in Dubai includes
- Torn muscles
- Harm to a ligament or tendon
- Overuse/repetitive strain injuries
- Wrist, scapula, clavicle, or ankle fracture
- Tennis / golfers Elbow
- Runners Knee
- Achilles tendonitis
- Rotator cuff injury
- Surgery for ACL Reconstruction
- revision of an unsuccessful ACL reconstruction procedure
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome with SLAP Repair
The following are some of the precautions taken to avoid sports-related injuries
- To make your muscles stronger, stick to a workout routine.
- Increase your exercise intensity gradually to prevent overdoing it.
- Before participating in any sports activity, make sure you’re wearing protective gear that fits properly, such as elbow guards, eye protection, face masks, mouth guards, and pads. You should also choose comfortable clothing and athletic shoes to assist lower the risk of injury.
- Make sure you perform warm-up and cool-down exercises prior to and following the sporting event. Stretching muscles, improving flexibility, and reducing soft tissue injuries are all benefits of exercise.
- Avoid working out right after a heavy meal.
- Maintain a balanced diet to sustain your muscles.